- fresh cauliflower florets 1 (10-ounce) package steam-in-bag
- Onion 1/2 cup prechopped
- whole-wheat flour 2 tablespoons
- Garlic 2 teaspoons minced fresh
- Kosher Salt 5/8 teaspoon, divided
- Black pepper 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon rind 1/4 teaspoon grated
- brown potatoes 3/4 cup refrigerated and shredded hash
- Cheddar Cheese 2 ounces white, shredded (about 1/2 cup)
- Eggs 2 large, lightly beaten • 130 kcal
- Olive oil 2 teaspoons
- Greek Yogurt 1/4 cup plain 2%
- Green onions 2 tablespoons minced
- canola mayonnaise 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice 2 teaspoons fresh
These crisp and tasty cauliflower fritters are packed with flavor, thanks to the onion, cheese, lemon zest and garlic. There’s also a delicious yogurt-based sauce to serve with them. Ready in only 20 minutes, these are a great option for a vegetarian lunch or dinner.
Prepare cauliflower according to packet directions. Drain in a colander, and gently squeeze as much water out of the florets as possible. Place on some kitchen towel, and pat as dry as possible with more kitchen towel.
Place in a bowl; mash with a potato masher.
Stir in onion, flour, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper, rind, potatoes, cheese, and eggs.
Form into 8 patties. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add the oil. Cook patties for around 4 minutes on each side.
To make the sauce, combine 1/8 teaspoon salt, yogurt, and remaining ingredients, and serve with the fritters.
Notes: The dryer you can get the cauliflower florets, the better textured the fritters will be – if there’s too much moisture, they may turn soggy!
Saturated fat 3.9g