- small tortillas 8
- For the crispy shrimp
- Shrimp 1 pound
- panko 1 cup
- Eggs 2 • 130 kcal
- All-purpose flour 1 cup
- Vegetable oil for frying 1/2 cup
- Salt 1/2 tsp • 1 kcal
- For the cilantro-lime coleslaw
- green cabbage, shredded 1 cup
- red cabbage, shredded 1 cup
- cilantro, chopped 2 tbsp
- Mayonnaise 2 tbsp
- Juice of 1 lime
- A pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper
Crispy shrimp tacos are a phenomenal easy dinner recipe you can make in very little time. This tasty, fresh Mexican dish takes less than 20 minutes from the time you start cooking to the moment you tuck in. Taco fillings can be made from just about anything, but the combination of mouthwatering crispy shrimp and the fresh, bright taste of the cilantro-lime coleslaw is phenomenal. Beautifully crispy with a hint of spice thanks to the taco seasoning, these crispy shrimp tacos are full of amazing flavor – they're sure to become a favorite for those busy weeknights!
Tips for Making the Best Shrimp Tacos
– Add a dollop of sour cream, hot sauce, or a spritz of freshly squeezed lime juice as a garnish for your shrimp tacos.
– For a healthier take on this recipe, leave off the breading and grill the shrimp.
– You can use either flour or corn tortillas for this recipe. For extra flavor, lightly char them over an open flame.
What to Serve with Shrimp Tacos
There are plenty of delicious sides you can serve with your crispy shrimp tacos. Grilled corn, rice, salads, beans, and salsa are all mouthwatering options.
How to Make Crispy Shrimp Tacos
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake for 8 minutes. Mix the cabbage, cilantro, mayonnaise, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a large bowl.
Plate the tortillas, add the cilantro-lime coleslaw, and top with 3 to 4 shrimp. Garnish with sour cream, lime juice, or salsa.
How to Cook and Grill Shrimp for Tacos
Mix the shrimp, salt, and taco seasoning in a large bowl.
Beat the eggs, then dip the shrimp in the egg, then coat in flour.
Transfer the shrimp to the panko, and cover to coat.
Fry in hot oil over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side.
To grill the shrimp, batter and coat the shrimp, then spear them on skewers. Preheat your grill on high, then grill for 3 to 3 to 5 minutes, flipping them once halfway through. Don't move them too much, otherwise, you'll lose a lot of the breading.
How to Store Shrimp Tacos
– These crispy shrimp tacos taste their best when freshly made, but if you have leftovers, they're easy to store for later. Let the shrimp cool completely before storing. Place the coleslaw and shrimp into two separate airtight containers, then refrigerate. The shrimp will last 3 to 4 days, while the coleslaw will stay good for up to 5 days.
– Reheat the shrimp in the microwave for 1 minute, then assemble the tacos as normal.