- Wheat bread 4 pieces whole
- Eggs 4 • 130 kcal
- Butter 5 tbsp, softened • 717 kcal
- Tomato 1 medium
- Parmesan 4 thin slices
- Salt • 1 kcal
One of the best breakfasts is just a simple fried egg sandwich and this recipe will show you how to make the perfect one! Runny yolks are key to a great egg sandwich as it acts like a sauce which the toast can soak up. This friend egg sandwich also has a nod to Italian flavors and is made with parmesan and tomatoes. For even more of an Italian flair, try some fresh basil on the sandwich. Taking only about 10 minutes to make, this egg sandwich is a very enjoyable way to begin your day.
- In a medium sized frying pan, fry the bacon until crispy. Remove from the pan and set on a piece of paper towel to absorb some of the bacon grease. Set aside
- Toast the whole wheat bread in a toaster oven until golden. Then butter each piece of toast with about 1 tablespoon of butter.
- In another medium sized frying pan, melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter over medium heat.
- Crack the four eggs directly into the frying pan and cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Flip the eggs and put the parmesan slices directly on top of the eggs, one pieces of cheese per egg. Cook for about 15 seconds more.
- Use a spatula to place two eggs on one piece of buttered toast and two eggs on another piece of toast. Place the tomatoes and bacon on top of the eggs, sprinkle with salt and pepper and top with the final pieces of toast. Enjoy while hot!
-This sandwich works perfectly on a bagel or English muffin as well rather than whole wheat bread.
-If you like your eggs a little more cooked (this recipe will give you runny yolks), after flipping the eggs, cook for another 1-2 minutes for a more firm yolk.
-If you prefer a lower fat fried egg sandwich, skip buttering the toast and fry the eggs in olive oil rather than butter.