- creme de menthe 2 cl
- white creme de cacao 2 cl
- Heavy Cream 2 cl
Grasshopper is an easy and quick cocktail recipe you can enjoy as after-dinner or even as a boozy dessert-like cocktail. Officially recognized by the IBA since 1961, this creamy and smooth drink has a light green color similar to that of the grasshoppers. You just need 3 ingredients such as crème de menthe, crème de cacao and heavy cream to make a sweet, minty, chocolatey grasshopper.
Even if the grasshopper drink became very popular in the 50s and 60s, its origins are still uncertain. Someone says it was invented by Philibert Guichet Jr, owner of Tujague's bar in New Orleans, but according to others it was created in London by the bartender of Cytirion, after he noticed a grasshopper in the park of Piccadilly Circus.
How to make Grasshopper
Pour the crème de menthe, crème de cacao and heavy cream into a shaker with ice.
Close and shake vigorously for at least 15 seconds.
Pour into the chilled glass through the strainer and garnish with chocolate chips or a mint leaf.
– You can adjust the amount of ingredients according to taste. Add more crème de cacao if you prefer a sweeter flavor, or increase the dose of the crème de menthe for a fresher drink.
– You can substitute heavy cream for crème fraîche or cream of milk.
– Serve the Grasshopper in a well-chilled cocktail glass, so chill it in the freezer before using.
– You can also try the Grasshopper vodka variant by replacing the cream with vodka.
– Make a Frozen Grasshopper in summer, just add vanilla ice cream and garnish the cocktail with chocolate syrup.