- Fresh lemon juice 2 tablespoons
- Dijon mustard ¼ teaspoon
- Extra virgin olive oil 3 tablespoons
- Salt ½ teaspoon, divided • 1 kcal
- Black pepper powder ½ teaspoon, divided
- Onion ½ small, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- Chicken breast 1 cup boneless and skinless, thinly sliced
- Vegetable Oil 1 tablespoon
- Potatoes 2 medium, boiled, peeled, and cubed
- English cucumber 1, halved lengthwise and sliced
- Cherry tomatoes ¼ cup, halved
- Black olives ¼ cup, sliced
- Fresh cilantro 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
- Feta cheese ¼ cup, crumbled
This is a great salad recipe! Very filling and delightful to taste, you will certainly love this potato-based chicken salad. Enjoy it for lunch or dinner as a main or side as per your desire.
Add lemon juice, Dijon mustard, 3 tablespoons of olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder in a jar. Shake it well until thick and well combined. Add sliced onion to the dressing and shake it all again.
Keep it in the refrigerator until use. Season the chicken strips with remaining salt and pepper. Add a tablespoon of oil in a non-stick pan and heat it. Cook chicken in the hot oil for 5 minutes or until cooked on both sides. Add cooked chicken in the serving bowl along with cubed potatoes, sliced cucumber, halved cherry tomatoes, sliced black olives, chopped cilantro, and mix everything well.
Pour salad dressing over the veggies. Top it with feta and toss everything well. Serve and enjoy!
You can also replace raw chicken with any boneless cooked chicken. Let the salad dressing chill until you assemble the salad. You can add other herbs of your choice as well such as dill, basil, or parsley.
Nutritional information (per serving): 312 Calories, 18.1g Total fat (3.6g Saturated fat, 1.7g Polyunsaturated fat, 11.8g Monounsaturated fat), 42.9mg Cholesterol, 613.7mg Sodium, 627.8mg Potassium, 21.1g Total carbohydrates (3.7g Dietary fiber, 2.6g Sugars), 16.9g Protein