Greek potatoes are a phenomenal spin on the old school roasted potato wedge. The traditional recipe is found across Greece, where it's often made using the Naxos potato which is famed for its high-quality and excellent taste. Roasted Greek lemon potatoes are creamy on the inside with a crispy outside, rounded out by a rich lemony flavor. It's a perfect side for all sorts of cuisines, and with its bright zesty flavor, is something everyone's sure to love.
Greek potatoes are a traditional Greek dish made throughout Greece. The Greek islands, in particular, Naxos, are famous for making the best Greek lemon potatoes thanks to the superior local Naxos potato.
Greek potatoes are amazing with roasts like beef or lamb, but you can serve them with just about anything. Toss leftovers into a salad or serve them instead of fries with a burger. Of course, they're fantastic with Mediterranean fare like falafels, Greek meatballs, and fish, as well!
– Use a high-quality extra virgin olive oil – good quality makes all the difference in this recipe.
– Don't skimp on lemon juice or garlic. Both ingredients add so much flavor to the dish.
– Mix things up by adding a dash or two of cayenne pepper for spice or a few generous sprinklings of Parmesan cheese.
Preheat your oven to 450°F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Combine olive oil, oregano, rosemary, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Cut the potatoes into uniform sizes.
Pour the olive oil mixture over the potatoes, and toss to coat.
Lay the wedges in a single layer on the baking tray. Bake for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Turn the heat up to 500°F and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the potatoes, then bake until they reach your desired crispiness, about 5 to 10 minutes.
Remove the potatoes from the oven. Squeeze with lemon juice and zest, tossing to coat. Serve warm.
– Use any type of potato for this recipe. Red potatoes are especially tasty, but Yukon gold, Russets, and even sweet potatoes are top choices, too. Whatever you choose, try to use potatoes of approximately the same size so they cook evenly.
– You can garnish this dish with fresh dill before serving.