A tasty and soft japanese bread: try to prepare it!
If you want make a special and tasty dinner, try this simple and fluffy recipe.
Ingredients: 125ml Water, 300g Bread Flour, 30ml Milk, 45ml Heavy Cream, 1 Small Egg, ½ Tbsp Fast Acting Yeast, 5g Milk Powder, ½ Tsp Salt, 25g Softened Butter, 1 Beaten Egg.
1) Whisk together the water with 25g of the bread flour.Place on a medium heat and cook until thickened stirring all the time, then cool.
2) Add the milk, cream, egg and yeast to a bowl and whisk to combine.Add the cooled flour and water paste to the egg, cream and milk then mix.Throw in the sugar and once again mix to combine.
3) Now add the remaining bread flour, milk powder and salt and stir with a wooden spoon until it comes together.Then move to your hands and bring together the dough, adding the softened butter when it is a single piece of dough.
4) Transfer this to a floured table and knead for 10 minutes.Place in a bowl, cover with cling film and leaven for 60 minutes.Spit this dough into three even balls (approximately 185g), form into balls and then cover with cling film and rest for 15 minutes.
5) Take each ball of dough and push out into a rectangle shape then roll to around 1cm thick with a rolling pin.Fold the bottom third up and the top third down.
6) Rotate 90 degrees and then again roll to around 1cm thick and 10-12cm wide (the same width as your loaf tin.Then roll up this piece of dough.
7) Repeat with the other two balls and then transfer into an oiled loaf tin that is around 20cm by 10cm.Cover with cling film and allow to leaven for 75 minutes or until doubled in size.
8)Remove the cling film and brush with beaten eggBake at 180°C or 350°F for 30 minutes and allow to cool before eating.