- Flour 2 3/4 cups
- Baking soda 1 tsp
- Baking powder 1/2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Butter 1 cup • 717 kcal
- Vanilla Extract 1 1/2 tsps
- Egg 1 • 130 kcal
- White sugar 1 1/4 cups • 392 kcal
- Corn syrup 1 1/2 tsps
A great sugar cookie recipe is an essential for any baker. This recipe is perfect weather you like crispy or chewy cookies- it can make both! Sugar cookies are also so easy to make as they contain very few ingredients. You can probably even find all of the ingredients you need in your house already!
- In a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream the butter, sugar and corn syrup together until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder to the bowl and stir until just combined. Again, scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Scoop the cookies onto a foil or parchment lined sheet tray.
- Sprinkle the cookies with sugar and bake in a 350 ̊F oven for 8-12 minutes (less time if you like chewy cookies and more if you prefer them slightly crispy.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the tray before removing them and serving!
-This recipe is great when used as sandwich cookies. Press a tiny bit of jam in between two small sugar cookies for a delightful treat.
-Try adding chocolate chips, raisins, m&m's or any other type of candy you would like to the batter for a ‘deluxe' sugar cookie.
After scooping the cookie dough into balls, freeze the balls and store in an airtight container. Next time you need fresh cookies, just take out the frozen dough and bake them!