- fresh ginger, already peeled 20 gr
- Honey 4 tsp
- Water 800 ml (3 ½ cups)
Ginger herbal tea is really simple to prepare. You just need a piece of fresh ginger root, water and honey to sweeten it. It's a tasty herbal tea you can sip hot with its spicy and calming flavor during winter season, or you can enjoy it as a fresh and healthy drink in summer. Ginger herbal tea is a perfect after-meal and digestive. So let’s see how to make ginger herbal tea at home.
How to make Ginger Herbal Tea
Cut the portion of ginger you need, peel it with a small knife, removing only the external part. Use a grater with small holes.
Dip the piece of ginger in the water, bring to a boil and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
After the necessary time, filter and sweeten with honey. Sip it hot or warm in winter or cold in summer.
– You can replace honey with brown sugar, or drink your ginger tea without sweetening it.
– Those who prefer can chop or blend the piece of ginger, obtaining a compact pulp: just let it boil in boiling water for 15-20 minutes and sweeten as desired.
– If the ginger is too soft, you can freeze it before grating to make it easier. Don't forget that the central part is the most aromatic one.
– You can also flavor your favorite herbal tea by adding a piece of ginger, it will give flavor without altering the taste.
Ginger Herbal Tea Variants
Alternatively, you can prepare the infusion with dried and powdered ginger rhizome. Boil the water, turn off the heat and add 1 teaspoon of ginger powder for each person. Let infuse for 5 minutes, filter, sweeten and serve.
If you want to prepare ginger and lemon tea, just add 2 untreated lemons to the ingredients. Cut one into thin slices with the peel and press the other. As soon as the water boils, add the chopped ginger, lemon slices and lemon juice and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it infuse for 15 minutes. Finally filter, sweeten and drink.