A quick and tasty version of Cinnamon rolls, perfect for Christmas holidays.
Ingredients: DOUGH: 1/2 c. warm water1 envelope active dry yeast3/4 c. warm milk1 package red velvet cake mix2 1/2 c. all-purpose flourPinch kosher salt. FILLING: 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened1/2 c. brown sugar1/2 c. granulated sugar1 tsp. cinnamon. CREAM CHEESE ICING: 1/2 c. (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened8 oz. cream cheese, softened1 c. powdered sugar1/2 tsp. vanilla extract1/4 c. milk.
1) In a small bowl, combine warm water and yeast;
2) When the yeast is active, pour in a bowl and add milk, cake mix, flour, and salt.
3) Cover the dough with plastic wrap. Let it rise for about 1 hour;
4) Filling: In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugars, and cinnamon until well combined.
5) Roll into a large rectangle. Spread filling over the dough and roll up. Slice into 15 rolls. Bake at 375°F (190°) for 18-20 minutes.
6) Cream cheese icing: Beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar, vanilla, and milk.
7) Spread on the rolls and serve.