A tasty and giant tower of nachos.
Ingredients: FOR PICO DE GALLO: 2 small tomatoes, chopped; 1/2 c. diced red onion; 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced; 1/4 c. freshly chopped cilantro; 1 tbsp. lime juice; Kosher salt; Freshly ground black pepper. FOR BEEF: 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil; 1 lb. ground beef; 1/2 tsp. ground cumin; 1/2 tsp. paprika; 3 cloves garlic, minced; 1/2 tsp. Hot sauce. FOR CHEESE SAUCE: 2 tbsp. butter; 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour; 2 c. whole milk; 1/2 tsp. Hot sauce; 2 c. shredded cheddar; Kosher salt; Freshly ground black pepper. FOR ASSEMBLY:1 (12-oz.) bag thick tortilla chips; 1 (15.5-oz.) can black beans, rinsed and drained; 2 c. shredded cheddar; 1 lb. sour cream; Hot sauce, for drizzling.
1)In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
2) In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add the ground beef and season with salt and pepper. Then add garlic, cumin, paprika, and hot sauce.
3) In a medium pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add flour and stir, 1 minute. Slowly whisk in milk, then continue to cook over medium, stirring constantly until thickened, about 6 minutes. Then add cheddar, salt and pepper.
4) Set aside ½ cup of the pico de gallo, ½ cup of the cheese, and ½ cup of the sour cream, for garnishing the nachos.
5) Using a ¼ of the nacho chips, make an even nacho chip layer over the cheese sauce. Top with ⅓ of the remaining cheese sauce, ⅓ of the cooked beef, ⅓ of the black beans, ⅓ of the remaining shredded cheese, ⅓ of the remaining pico de gallo, and ⅓ of the remaining sour cream. Drizzle with hot sauce.
6) Repeat layering the chips, cheese sauce, beef, black beans, shredded cheese, pico de gallo, sour cream, and cholula two more times. Layer the remaining nacho chips on top.
7) Place a dinner plate on top of the can and carefully flip over and slowly remove the tin from the nachos.