- White sugar 3/4 cup • 392 kcal
- original bisquick mix 1/2 cup
- salted butter, melted 1/4 cup
- Whole Milk 2 cups
- pure vanilla extract 1 1/2 tsp
- Large eggs 4
- Shredded coconut 1 cup
If you love coconut cream pie it's time you met the impossible coconut pie. Why is this recipe so impossibly easy? Because the recipe calls for Bisquick instead of the usual flour, baking powder, and so on combo, there are fewer steps and a whole lot of less hassle to making this amazingly delicious dessert. Just mix up the ingredients, pour them into a pie pan, and bake! Impossible coconut pie first came about in the 1970s when home bakers across the USA began to embrace the convenience of Bisquick. This beautiful pie has a wonderful creamy custard with a crunchy coconut top. Don't be surprised if you don't have any leftovers after serving this impossibly easy coconut pie!
Expert Tips for Making Impossibly Easy Coconut Pie
– You can add berries, chocolate chips, or nuts to your coconut pie for a tasty twist.
– For a richer coconut flavor, use coconut milk (not coconut cream) instead of cow's milk or coconut oil instead of butter.
– Bisquick is what makes this mouthwatering coconut pie so easy to make. You can make a keto-friendly version by using a low-carb substitute for Bisquick and using your preferred sweetener instead of sugar. For a vegan impossible coconut pie, use oil instead of butter, your favorite non-dairy milk, and flax eggs, bananas, tofu, or pureed fruit instead of chicken eggs.
How to Store Impossible Coconut Pie
Leftover impossible coconut pie should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy it within 2 to 3 days.
How to Make Impossible Coconut Pie
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a pie plate with cooking spray.
Mix the sugar, Bisquick, melted butter, milk, vanilla, and eggs in a large bowl until smooth.
Transfer the mixture to the pie plate. Allow the batter to settle for 5 to 7 minutes. Garnish with shredded coconut.
Line a baking sheet with foil. Plate the pie pan on the baking sheet and bake the pie for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let the pie cool completely.
A 10-inch pie plate is ideal for this recipe.