- Fresh jalapenos 12
- Cheddar Cheese 2 cups grated
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Milk 1 cup • 49 kcal
- Flour 1 cup
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
Jalapeno poppers make a perfect snack or appetizer for any time of the year. Make this recipe to serve at your next party or even just to have around your house. Once these jalapeno poppers are stuffed, breaded and fried, they store really well in the freezer. Make extra and freeze them in ziplock bags and take them out whenever you need a great snack. Try eating them with a sweet and spicy sriracha sauce or a nice lime cilantro dip.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar cheese and pepper.
- Slice the ends off of the jalapenos and using a skinny sharp knife, hollow out the jalapeno, removing the seeds and center.
- Use a small spoon to scoop the filling into the jalapenos, stuffing it from the top to the bottom.
- Stuff each jalapeno and set them aside on a tray
- Pour the milk, flour and bread crumbs into three separate small bowls. Dip the jalapenos into the milk and then into the flour and set back on the tray to dry for about 10 minutes. Then, dip them again in the milk and into the bread crumbs and set aside to dry. If you would like a thicker breading on your jalapenos, repeat this process again.
- Pour about 2 inches of vegetable oil into a large frying pan and heat the oil to about 375 ̊F. Fry the jalapenos in the oil and serve immediately while hot.
-If you like your jalapeno poppers extra spicy, leave some of the seeds inside rather than scraping them all out- just be prepared for the heat!
-Monterey Jack cheese is also great in this recipe. Try a blend of cheddar and Monterey Jack for an extra layer of flavor.
-Add cooked, crumbled bacon to the jalapeno filling for a nice salty crunch.