- white cake mix, plus ingredients listed on the box 1 box
- jello mix 1 3.3-ounce box
- Boiling water 1 cup
- Cold Water 1 cup
- Cool whip 1 tub
Home bakers love poke cake. It's easy to make, delicious, and always goes down well at get-togethers. There are so many variations out there, but jello poke cake always ranks high on the list. It's even easier to make than red velvet poke cake. You only need a handful of ingredients, and there's little effort on your part. This delicious, moist cake has a wonderful layer of fruity jello topped with Cool Whip and can be made with your favorite jello flavors. It's great in the summer when you're in the mood for something light and refreshing. Don't be surprised if it disappears quickly!
How to Make Jello Poke Cake
One of the reasons jello poke cake is so popular (besides the fact it's so delicious), is that it's incredibly easy to make. All you need is a box of cake mix, a box of jello mix, water, and Cool Whip. Bake the cake according to the directions on the box of cake mix. Once it's out of the oven, let it cool completely before moving on to the next step. Grab a wooden spoon and use the handle to make holes in the cake.
For the jello, pour boiling water into the jello powder, stir to combine, then mix in the cold water. Pour the jello mixture over the cake, making sure it gets into the holes you poked! Pop the cake into the fridge to set for a few hours, and once the jello is firm to touch, you can add a layer of Cool Whip and serve it up!
Tips for Making Easy Jello Poke Cake
– Use the handle of a wooden spoon or fork to poke the holes in your cake. Don't forget to piece all the way through the cake!
– There so many variations of jello poke cake for you to try. Try out different flavors of cake mix like chocolate, lemon, or almond. Use different flavors of jello or even mix two or more together. Swap out Cool Whip for flavored frosting. Cream cheese frosting works well here too!
– You can also make jello poke cupcakes.
– Make your jello cake taste even better by garnishing it with some fresh in-season fruit.
How to Store Jello Poke Cake
Wrap and store leftover jello poke cake in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I Freeze Jello Poke Cake?
Yes! Wrap the cake in cling film and store it for up to 3 months. For best results, freeze without frosting.
How to Make Jello Poke Cake
Mix the ingredients of the cake mix according to the directions on the box.
Pour the batter into an oven-pan.
Bake the cake according to the directions on the box.
Remove it from the oven and let it cool completely.
Poke holes in the cake.
Pour the boiling water into the jello powder, then stir in the cold water.
Pour the jello mixture over the cake.
Place the cake in the fridge and leave it to set for 3 to 4 hours.
Meanwhile, whip the Cool Whip.
Remove from the fridge and add a layer of Cool Whip.
Serve and enjoy!
Use a 9×13-inch baking dish to make your jello poke cake.