- Butter 1/2 pound, softened • 717 kcal
- Confectioners' sugar 2 pounds, sifted
- Bourbon whiskey 5 tbsp
- Pecans 1 cup, chopped fine
- Crushed vanilla wafers 2 1/2 cups
- Semi-sweet chocolate 12 ounces, grated
Kentucky bourbon balls are little balls prepared with cookies and chocolate, they are prepared small and look like little candies, they are delicate and simpler to prepare than it seems.
Our special recipe creates a soft, creamy center that our customers fall in love with. These sweets are made with love, from a precious grandmother's recipe.
This recipe is very simple to prepare and will be a pleasant surprise for your family and friends, here I am going to show you a simple way to prepare quickly for a special dessert that will be everyone's favorite. In any event, chocolate is never wrong, and more if it is rewarded with a touch of alcohol. And the good thing is that the recipe does not require an oven, so it's perfect for those who do not have the time or the patience to wait for the baking process to have a crunchy dessert.
You don't have to wait for a holiday to enjoy these delicious little treats.
- Peel the pecans, cut into very small pieces and remove all the peels.
- In a food processor process the wafers cookies, they should be pulverized.
- In the mixer, mix butter and sugar when fully integrated add bourbon, finely chopped pecans and wafers.
- Refrigerate this mixture in the refrigerator for at least two hours. It must have a consistency that allows molding.
- Using your hands, roll the dough into small balls.
- Put the chocolate with shortening in hot water bath; mix gently until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Put the balls in the chocolate and cover completely.
- Cover a tray with nonstick paper and place the balls, refrigerate for a further 20 minutes. You can cover the bourbon balls with shredded coconut, cocoa powder or crushed cookies.
- Finally, we let the truffles rest in the refrigerator until the moment of eating them.
There are recipes where you do not need to buy top quality products, this is not the case, use the best chocolate you can find and you will get the best truffles you can imagine.