- Flour 3/4 cup
- Baking powder 1 tbsp • 156 kcal
- Cinnamon 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp • 1 kcal
- Sugar 3 tbsp • 470 kcal
- Ricotta 1 cup
- Eggs 2 • 130 kcal
- Whole Milk 2/3 cup
- Lemon 1
If you love amazing, light pancakes in the morning then you must give this recipe a try. Quickly throw together the pancake mix, fry up the batter and you will be delightfully surprised by the beautiful pancakes you have just made! The lemon ricotta pancakes are slightly more dense and thin than traditional pancakes due to the ricotta cheese but the delicate flavor of the lemon makes them taste amazing. Serve with maple syrup, fruit or alone for a tasty breakfast everyone is sure to love.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and sugar.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, whisk together the ricotta, milk and eggs
- Zest the lemon into the bowl with the ricotta mix and then squeeze the lemon juice into the same bowl. Stir to combine.
- Stir together the flour mixture and the ricotta mix, adding the dries slowly to the wet ingredients and stirring constantly to ensure there are no lumps.
- In a medium sized skillet, heat about 1 teaspoon of butter and pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the pan when it is hot. Cook the pancakes for about 2 minutes or until it begins to bubble. Flip the pancakes and cook the other side for about 1 more minute.
- Serve the pancake while hot with maple syrup, berries, powdered sugar or plain!
-Only pour about 1/4 cup of batter into the frying pan at a time, the pancake batter will spread a good deal once in the pan
-Try adding fruit such as sliced strawberries, blueberries or raspberries directly into the pancake batter before cooking.
-Orange zest and juice rather than lemon juice makes a great substitution for a different flavor in these ricotta pancakes.