- Almond flour 1/4 cup
- Coconut flour 1/4 cup
- Vegetable Oil 3 tbsp
- Honey 1/3 cup + 3 tbsp
- coconut cream 2 cups
- Lime juice 1/4 cup
- sliced lime and lime zest for serving
Lime Bars are a tasty twist on the classic lemon bars we all know so well. These refreshing Easy Lime Bars are no bake, and is perfect for summer. The texture is creamy, while the taste is refreshingly tangy (thanks to lime juice and lemon zest). Unlike other overly sweet recipes, these lime bars are made with coconut cream (and not condensed milk). To make it, you only need a handful of ingredients: limes, coconut cream, honey, almond flour, coconut flour, and a little bit of vegetable oil. These Easy Lime Bars will quickly become a new summer favorite dessert recipe.
Tips for the Best Lime Bars
– These Lime Bars are healthy and naturally gluten-free. To make then keto-friendly and vegan, simply substitute the honey with an alternative sweetener like agave.
– You can also garnish these Lime Bars with powdered icings, lime zest, toasted coconut flakes, or crushed nuts. You can even add a bit of toasted coconut to the cookie base of the Lime Bars.
– You can use coconut oil instead of vegetable oil in the filling.
– If you don’t have almond flour, use crushed Graham Crackers in its place.
How to store Lime Bars
Store these Lime Bars in the fridge for up to 4 days, or in the freezer. Just be sure to pack them in an airtight container. Allow to come up to room temperature before slicing.
How to make Lime Bars
In a small bowl, add the almond flour, coconut flour, a pinch of salt, vegetable oil, and honey.
Mix until the mixture resembles wet sand.
Spread the dough to make a thin crust in a squire parchment lined baking pan.
Beat coconut cream with a hand mixer. Add lime juice.
Add honey and stir until smooth.
Pour coconut filling on top of the crust, decorate with thinly sliced limes and transfer into a freezer for 1 hour.
Cut into portions and sprinkle lime zest on top.
To make the presentation of these Lime Bars neat, use a spatula to carefully remove them from the baking tin.
Do not freeze for longer than 3 hours, otherwise it will be too difficult to cut.