- Brussels sprouts 500 g, rinsed and dried with the ends trimmed
- Water 2 l
- Garlic 3 cloves, chopped
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tbsps
- Fresh lemon juice 2 tsp to serve
- Sea salt 1/2 tsp
- Freshly ground black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Red flakes chili 1 tsp
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese 1 cup
Brussels sprouts are a very healthy vegetable, it benefits our digestive system since it has a lot of fiber, which helps to accelerate the metabolism, as well as it contains glutamine, which favors us when eliminating acidity and preventing stomach disorders such as ulcers.
They are an excellent companion for chicken and fish, and of course they are perfect to go with the turkey of thanksgiving. They have an incredible taste, which together with other ingredients will make you addicted to them, you can enjoy them whenever you want and as you like.
Cooking them is quite simple and there are many ways to do it, but this time I present the recipe of parmesan Brussels sprouts, to the it is a dish that you will enjoy a lot and it will not take you long to elaborate. As delicious and healthy.
- Wash brussels sprouts very well, cut the stem and remove the outer leaves that are withered or yellow. If your Brussels sprouts are very large, larger than one inch, it is advisable to cut them longitudinally, ideally, each brussels sprout should be the size of a bite.
- Boil water with a little salt. When the water starts to boil, add the Brussels sprouts, cook for about 5 minutes, remove from the heat and let stand in the water for 2 minutes.
- Strain and reserve. Put a frying pan over medium heat to fry the garlic.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and fry for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Season with lemon juice, red chili flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and cook only until the cheese melts.
- Serve immediately, if you like you can sprinkle a little more cheese.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 298 % Daily Value* Total Fat 19.5g 25% Saturated Fat 9.2g 46% Cholesterol 40mg 13% Sodium 759mg 33% Total Carbohydrate 14.2g 5% Dietary Fiber 4.8g 17% Total Sugars 2.8g Protein 22.4g