- Egg 1 • 130 kcal
- Water 1 tbsp
- Bread crumbs 1/4 cup
- Italian seasoning 2 tbsp
- Parmesan cheese, grated 1/3 cup
- Boneless pork loin chops 4
- Extra virgin olive oil as much as needed
Busy week? Tired? Just don't feel like cooking? Then it's time you try this super easy and quick parmesan crusted pork chop recipe. You don't need many ingredients to make a great tasting dinner, and this parmesan crusted pork chop recipe is proof. The best part is that you can have a hearty pork chop dinner ready in under 30 minutes with a mere 6 ingredients. It's an ideal recipe for busy weeknights or when you're in the mood for a delicious dinner but don't want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
What to Serve with Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Roasted or steamed vegetables are a fantastic side with this hearty dinner. Try roasted potatoes, steamed carrots, grilled onions, corn on the cob, or baked sweet potato. A mixed salad is another great way to get greens on the table for a balanced meal.
How to Store Parmesan Crusted Pork Chop Leftovers
Place your leftover cooked pork chops into an airtight container and store them in the fridge for up to 2-3 days. You can use the microwave or the oven to reheat it. In this case, we suggest to add some liquid to prevent the pork chops from drying out.
You can also store the leftovers in the freezer for up to 5-6 months in safe bags.
Tips for Making the Best Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
- Feel free to add a little salt and pepper to the bread crumb mix.
- Don't skip the pan step! Browning the pork chops not only adds to the flavor and gets the meat cooking, it also helps prevent you from overcooking the pork once in the oven.
- Try adding a dollop of mustard to the egg to give the pork chops even more flavor. Use Dijon or wholegrain.
- Be sure to grate the cheese yourself – it will melt more evenly. If you want a cheesier crust, use the coarse side of your box grater. Otherwise you can try adding a bit of mayo.
- For a thicker coating, dip the pork chops in the egg and bread crumbs a second time.
How to cook Parmesan Crusted Pork Chops
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a baking pan with foil, then put a cooling rack in the pan. Whisk the egg and water in a small bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, Italian seasoning, and cheese. Dunk the first pork chop in the egg, then coat it entirely in the bread crumb mix. Repeat with remaining pork chops.
Heat olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat. Cook the pork chops for 1 to 2 minutes on each side until they become golden brown.
Place the pork chops on the cooling rack and bake for 15 to 18 minutes. Check with an instant-read meat thermometer.
When the chops read 145°F, they're ready to be served. Enjoy!
- If you opt to use thinner pork chops, remember that they'll cook more quickly than chops around ¾-inch thick. Once in the oven, check them periodically to make sure you're not overcooking the pork chops.
- On the flip side, thicker chops need longer in the oven. If using a bone-in cut, break out your instant-read meat thermometer. When the thickest part of the chop reads 145°F, they're ready to be served.
- Cooking the pork chops on a rack helps the air circulate around the meat and keep the coating nice and crispy.
- You can also this flavorful recipe using the air fryer for 8-10 minutes at 400°F, your pork chops will be the same crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.