- Chocolate coating ingredients
- Dark Chocolate 2 cups
- Vegetable Oil 1 tbsp
- Filling ingredients
- Butter 1/2 cup, unsalted • 717 kcal
- Peanut butter 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar 1 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 tsp
Chocolate and peanut butter are such a perfect combination and maybe that is why so many candies and desserts are based around this classic duo. Homemade Peanut butter cups are so easy to make at home that there is no need to purchase premade, candy aisle ones anymore. Making peanut butter cups also enables you to use high quality chocolate and all natural peanut butter- no corn syrup or additives here! This recipe uses dark chocolate which has a deeper and richer flavor than milk chocolate and really enhances the peanut butter. If you prefer milk chocolate, go ahead! The recipe will work just as perfectly! Give this simple recipe a try and you will never need to buy peanut butter cups again!
- Make the filling for the peanut butter cups first. In a small saucepan, combine the butter and peanut butter and heat over low heat until the butter is melted, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and add the powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Stir the ingredients in the saucepan until a smooth ball forms. Set aside to let cool.
- Line a mini cupcake pan with paper liners and set aside.
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate together with the vegetable oil, stirring constantly to ensure the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of melted chocolate into the bottom of the cupcake liners.
- Using your finger or a paint brush, push the melted chocolate up the sides of the cupcake liners to create a hole in the center of the paper cup. Put the tray in the freezer to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Scoop about a tablespoon of peanut butter filling into the center of the chocolate cups.
- Cover the peanut butter center with more melted chocolate and put the tray back in the freezer to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Once set, remove the paper liners from the peanut butter cups and enjoy!
-You can roll the peanut butter filling into a perfect ball with your hands before placing it in the center of the chocolate shell. This will make the peanut butter cups more uniform and professional looking!
-Drizzle the tops of the peanut butter cups with white chocolate to make them look even fancier!
-Store the peanut butter cups in the fridge or freezer for up to a month.