- Fettuccini 1 box
- Butter 1/4 cup • 717 kcal
- White onion 1, diced
- Pepper 1 cup bell slices
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Shrimp 1 pound, peeled and deveined
- Alfredo sauce 2 cups
- Grated parmesan cheese 1/2 cup
- Heavy Cream 1/2 cup
- Cayenne pepper 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
Creamy alfredo sauce coats the sautéed peppers and shrimp in this delicious diner recipe. While you can feel free to make your own alfredo sauce, using a jar of sauce makes this recipe quick to make and guaranteed to be scrumptious. While this recipe uses fettuccini as the pasta, try using rigatoni or ziti noodles- they will all work well!
- In a medium sized skillet, melt the butter and then sauté the onions and bell pepper slices in the butter until soft. Add the diced garlic and stir.
- Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for about 3 minutes on each side or until the shrimp is completely pink.
- Add the alfredo sauce, heavy cream and parmesan cheese and stir to combine everything. Allow the sauce to come to a boil and then turn off the heat.
- Bring a large stock pot of water to a boil and cook the fettuccini according to the instructions on the box.
- Toss the sauce into the cooked pasta making sure to completely coat the pasta in the sauce.
- Serve while hot!
– Add sea scallops to the dish by cooking them along with the shrimp for an extra seafood bonus!
-Add Portobello mushrooms to the sauce for a nice earthy flavor. Add about 1 cup of slice mushrooms to the skillet along with the bell pepper and onions.
-Cut a few calories from this recipe by using milk rather than heavy cream. Also look for a lower calorie or low sodium alfredo sauce to use