- For the lamb
- Boneless lamb loin 500 g
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Red wine 1 cup
- Balsamic vinegar 1/4 cup
- Worcestershire Sauce 2 tbsps
- Fresh mint 4 leaves
- Red chili flakes 1 tsp
- Garlic powder 1 tsp
- Black pepper 1 tsp
- Sunflower oil 2 tbsps • 900 kcal
- For the sauce
- Pomegranate 2 cups
- Butter 1 tbsp • 717 kcal
- Red wine 1/2 cup
- Strawberry jam 1 tbsp
- White pepper 1 tsp
- Salt a pinch • 1 kcal
The pomegranate is not only a delicious and striking fruit, but also provides a large list of properties that help improve health, its medicinal benefits are multiple, it is better antioxidant than green tea, prevents the formation of cataracts in the eye, It has anti-inflammatory properties, has a high content of vitamin C, vitamin A, vitamin B5, vitamin E, improves blood flow of the heart, eliminates intestinal bacterial infections.
Employing it in the preparation of dishes makes them true culinary gems, the contributions an exotic flavor very special and does not stop favoring health.
Let’s make lamb today an unforgettable dish with this wonderful fruit.
- Cut the lamb into pieces, season with the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a very hot pan; add the two tablespoons of oil and brown the lamb on all sides.
- In a mixing bowl, put two cups of water, wine, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, whole mint leaves and spicy red flakes. The lamb can be a bit hard, so you can cook it in a pressure cooker for 45 minutes or about 3 hours over low heat in a conventional pot.
- Mix the lamb with the wine and the other liquids and cook according to your preference. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce. Shelling the pomegranate, carefully remove the layer that covers the grains as it can give a slightly bitter taste.
- Put all the ingredients in a small pot over medium low heat and solve until thick. Reserve this sauce and serve the lamb covered in pomegranate sauce and accompanied with mashed potatoes and vegetables.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 337 % Daily Value* Total Fat 20.1g 26% Saturated Fat 5.4g 27% Cholesterol 62mg 21% Sodium 183mg 8% Total Carbohydrate 15.4g 6% Dietary Fiber 1.9g 7% Total Sugars 6.5g Protein 17.5g