Banana and coconut upside-down cake, beautiful and yummy.
Ingredients: 3 eggs; a pinch of salt; 200g sugar; 250g flour; 1 packet of baking powder; 1 cup vegetable oil; 125g yogurt. Caramel cream:120g butter; 250g brown sugar. 3 bananas, shredded coconut.
1) Start preparing the batter by beating the eggs with a pinch of salt. Then add the sugar, vegetable oil, yogurt and start mixing.
2) Gradually add the flour and the baking powder and mix until the batter is smooth and fluffy.
3) Next, melt the brown sugar with the butter to make the caramel. If you prefer a caramel with a less intense flavor and a lighter color, use regular sugar.
4) Peel and slice three bananas. Cover the bottom of a 26 cm round cake pan with the banana slices, pour the caramel over them.
5) Sprinkle the shredded coconut over the caramel, and then pour the batter over the coconut.
6) Bake at 180°C for 30/40 minutes (depending on your oven), or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7) After it has cooled a bit, invert onto a plate and sprinkle with some shredded coconut.
We suggest you to try another recipe with banana: Pineapple upside-down cake
Ingredients: 2 eggs; a pinch of salt; 120g brown sugar; ½ cup vegetable oil; 200g flour; ½ cup milk; 10g baking powder. Pineapple and candied cherries.
1) Beat the eggs together with the salt. Add the sugar, oil, milk, and the flour. Mix the cake batter until fluffy, then blend in the baking powder.
2) Sprinkle some brown sugar onto the inside of a cake pan, place the pineapple slices over the brown sugar and pour the batter over them.
3) Bake at 180° for 30 minutes.
4) Dust with some powdered sugar.