A beautiful way to make a very tasty apple pie.
Ingredients: 2 sheets of puff pastry; 3 apples; 100g custard; 30g brown sugar; apricot jam (as needed).
1) Cover a pie pan with a sheet of round puff pastry, pour the custard on top of the puff pastry and arrange the thinly cut apple slices around the outer edge.
2) Alternate the apple slices with a strip of puff pastry ( cut the second sheet of puff pastry into strips), sprinkle with brown sugar and bake at 210°C for 30 minutes.
3) After removing the pie from the oven, dust with powdered sugar.
You can also try a romantic version: Heart apple pie
Ingredients: Pie crust: 250g flour; salt; 50g sugar; 150g butter; 100ml cold water; one tsp vinegar. Filling: 3 apples; lemon juice; cinnamon; 50g jam; raisins.
1) Mix together the flour and salt, add the sugar, butter and gradually add cold water. Refrigerate the mixture for about 30 minutes.
2) Prepare the filling by combining the cubed apples with the raisins, cinnamon, lemon juice and jam.
3) Cover a pie dish with the dough. Fill with the apple mixture and top with hearts made with the remaining dough.