Did you know you could actually deep fry puff pastry? The result is super tasty!
Ingredients: puff pastry, vegetable oil, dark chocolate, chopped hazelnuts.
1. Roll out the puff pastry and cut it into circles.
2. Join three circles together using water to help them stick together.
3. Make a hole in the center of each to get the donut’s shape.
4. Freeze them for 15 minutes.
5. Deep fry until golden brown.
6. Dry off the excess oil and dip the donuts into dark chocolate.
7. Top with chopped hazelnuts.
Try also thee amazing apple donuts.
Ingredients:For the Apple pie filling: 2 Apples, 25g Salted butter, 35g Brown sugar, 1 Tbsp Flour, 1 Tsp Apple pie spice. For the Doughnut batter: 180g flour, 1 ½ Tsp baking powder, ½ TSP baking soda, 50g melted butter, 180g Brown sugar, 2 eggs, 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract, 1 Tsp Apple pie spice. For the Topping: Melted butter, ½ Tsp Cinnamon, 2 Tbsp Sugar.
Peel and dice the apples
Add butter and brown sugar to a pre heated pan and melt.
Add the diced apples and spice mix and cook until apples are soft.
Then add flour cook for a further minute take off heat and set aside.
Whisk the eggs, brown sugar in a stand mixer
Add in the buttermilk, melted butter and vanilla.
Sift in the remaining dry ingredients for the donut mix.
Pre heat oven to 180°C 350°F and grease the donut pan.
Pour the dough into a pipping bag.
Squeeze the dough in to the pan making sure the batter is even
Bake for 12-14 minutes.
Allow to cool a little.
Mix the white sugar and cinnamon.
Brush the donuts with a little melted butter.
Dip the doughnut in to the sugar mix.