A very delicious and colored version of French Toast!
Ingredients: 1 cup buttermilk; 4 eggs2 egg yolks; 6 tbsp sugar; 2 tbsp cocoa powder; 2 ½ tsp vanilla extract; 3-4 drops red food coloring; 6 slices bread, such as Challah or Brioche; 1/2 cup Nutella; 1 cup whipped cream; 8 oz cream cheese.
1)Pour 1/2 cup of Nutella on a parchment lined baking sheet, spread it with a spoon and freeze;
2) Cut each bread slices in half, cut a small slit into the side of the bread. Break the frozen Nutella into pieces, and insert a piece into the bread;
3) In a large bowl mix 1 cup of buttermilk, 4 eggs, 2 egg yolks, 4 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of vanilla, 2 tbsp of cocoa powder and 3-4 drops of red food coloring, and whisk well;
4) Pour the mixture on the bread, leave for 10 minutes;
5) Beat 8 oz of cream cheese, 2 tbsp sugar and 1/2 tbsp vanilla until smooth and then combine with whipped cream;
6) Cook the toast into a pan with butter and serve with white cream.