- Pancake mix 3 cups
- Ground sausage 1 pound, uncooked
- Cheddar Cheese 3 1/2 cups
- Parmesan cheese 1 cup
- Whole Milk 1/2 cup
- Chopped rosemary 1/2 tsp
- Dried basil 1/2 tsp
- Dried parsley 1 tsp
If you are looking for the perfect appetizer or something easy and delicious to pass around at a party, then look to further- this recipe is for you! These small sausage balls are addictively delicious and you can whip them up in a matter of minutes. Pancake mix, cheese, spices and sausage is all it takes and you are on your way to having the perfect little treat! As there are many gluten free pancake mixes available, this treat can also be made for those with gluten dietary restrictions without sacrificing flavor- a true crowd pleaser! So get out your measuring cups and mixing bowl and get ready to make an easy tasty treat.
- Measure the pancake mix into a medium sized bowl. Use a spoon to break up any clumps.
- Grate the cheddar cheese and parmesan into the bowl and mix together with the pancake mix.
- Add the rosemary, basil and parsley to the bowl and stir together.
- Knead the sausage and milk into the dry mix until fully combined. It is easiest to do this step with your hands to make sure everything is nicely mixed together.
- Roll the mix into small, one inch balls and place on a lined sheet tray.
- Bake the sausage balls in a 350 ̊F oven for 20-25 minutes. The sausage balls should be slightly golden brown, the cheese should be nicely melted and the centers should have no signs of pink. Serve while hot!
-These are the perfect appetizer to serve with a dipping sauce. A simple barbeque sauce goes perfectly or try something different like a cranberry orange glaze.
-The sausage balls freeze very well once cooked. Wrap in an airtight container and freeze for up to a month. Reheat in the microwave.