With simple ingredients and so much chocolate you can prepare a mouthwatering dessert.
Ingredients: Cake:500g Sugar; 260g Flour; 115g Cocoa Powder; 1 Tbsp Baking Soda; 1 Tsp Baking Powder; 1 Tsp Salt; 3 Medium Eggs; 150g Vegetable Oil; 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract; 300g Buttermilk; 300ml Coffee. Filling: 300ml Milk; 50g Flour; 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract; 275g Butter; 275g Sugar. Ganache Topping: 450g Chocolate; 450g Cream.
1) Sieve together the dry ingredients for the cake. Mix together the wet ingredients for the cake, not including the hot coffee.
2) Place the dry ingredients in a stand mixer and begin to beat slowly.
3) Pour in the wet ingredients whilst mixing.When combined pour in the coffee continuously mixing.
4) Take two 9 inch or 27cm baking tins and line with baking parchment and then spray with baking spray. Separate this wet batter and pour half into each of the tins.
5) Bake in the oven at 180°C or 350°F for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the cake. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
6) Begin the filling by combining the milk and flour whisk until smooth.Cook out this mix until thickened whisking continuously.
7) Turn off the heat and add in the vanilla extract and then cool completely.
8) Cream together the butter and flour for the filling in a stand mixer and when smooth add in the flour and milk mix.Again beat until smooth and combined.
9) Add this mix to the top of one of the cakes and smooth out with a spatula.
10) Then place the second cake on top and push gently to allow the filling to completely fill the cake.
11) Run your spatula around the side to create a flat sided cake. Make the ganache topping by heating the cream until a gentle simmer.
12) Pour over the chopped chocolate and allow to sit for two minutes. Now whisk until a smooth chocolate sauce is created.
13) Place the cake on upturned glasses on a cake tray the same size as the cake.
14) Pour the ganache over the cake and then use a spatula to spread.
15) Allow to cool and set before cutting and serving.