- Granulated sugar 3/4 cup
- coconut oil, melted 1/3 cup
- Whole Milk 1/4 cup
- Vanilla Extract 2 tsp
- ripe mashed bananas 1 ½ cups
- All-purpose flour 1 ¼ cups
- Baking powder 2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Salt • 1 kcal
- strawberries, diced 1 heaping cup
- For the glaze
- Powdered sugar 1 cup
- Milk 2 tbsp • 49 kcal
- butter, melted 1 tbsp
Strawberries and bananas are truly a match made in heaven and this light, ultra-moist strawberry banana cake is the perfect way to get the most out of that winning pairing. With its soft texture and bright flavors, this easy-to-make dessert is a stunning cake to make during spring and summer. If you're a fan of cream cheese banana cakes, but want more fruit flavor, you'll love strawberry banana cake. It's super easy to bake with just the right amount of sweetness and a light hint of coconut thanks to the addition of coconut oil. Great for breakfast, brunch, as a snack or dessert, this sensational cake is a real crowdpleaser.
How to Make Strawberry Banana Cake
Making an easy strawberry banana cake is very easy. In a bowl, start by combining sugar, coconut oil, milk, vanilla, and bananas. Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt and fold in strawberries. Bake in the oven for 40 minutes until the batter is slightly spongy. Decorate with fresh strawberries and a glaze.
Tips for Making the Best Easy Strawberry Banana Cake
– Blueberries, blackberries, figs, nectarines, apricots, or dates would all be excellent variations for this delicious cake. See what's in season and get creative!
– To make this recipe vegan or vegetarian-friendly, swap milk for the non-dairy milk of your choice (almond milk is fantastic in this tasty cake), and use margarine instead of butter.
– To streamline your baking, you can use cake mix instead of making the cake entirely from scratch.
– Don't overmix the batter after you've added the flour. If you do, your cake will be dense instead of light and airy.
How to Store Strawberry Banana Cake
Place leftover cake in an airtight container. It will stay fresh for 5 days at room temperature. To keep your strawberry banana cake longer, store it in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Is Strawberry Banana Cake Healthy?
With fresh fruit, coconut oil, and a moderate amount of sugar, strawberry banana cake is one of the healthier desserts out there. To make it healthier, skip the glaze.
Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking dish with foil and lightly grease it with cooking spray.
Combine sugar, coconut oil, milk, and vanilla in a large bowl.
Fold in the bananas.
Sift in the flour, baking powder, salt, stirring to combine.
Fold in the strawberries.
Pour the batter in a baking dish.
Spread the batter in the baking dish in an even layer.
Garnish with extra strawberries.
Bake for 40 minutes, or until golden brown and slightly spongy to touch. Remove the dish from the oven and let the cake cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes.
To make the glaze, whisk the powdered sugar, milk, and butter until smooth.
Pour the glaze over the cake before serving.
– Use virgin or unrefined coconut oil in this recipe. It's less processed and will give your cake the perfect amount of subtle coconut flavor.
– Let your ingredients come up to room temperature before you begin baking.