- Frozen strawberries 2 cups
- Ripe bananas 3
- Honey 4 tbsp
- Greek Yogurt 3/4 cup plain
It is pretty unfortunate that so many pre packaged or premade frozen yogurts you can purchase contain no yogurt at all. Made with primarily chemicals and artificial flavors, frozen yogurt you may find in the store can be very unhealthy, loaded with sugar and containing nothing of any nutritional value. Well, don't worry! This recipe is not only extremely simple to make but it is packed with real fruit, Greek yogurt and sweetened only with honey. This is a much tastier and healthier frozen yogurt than you will ever find in the store!
- Place the frozen strawberries into a blender
- Add the bananas to the blender as well
- Add the Greek yogurt to the blender along with the honey.
- Puree the fruit until it is smooth. While you can choose to strain the mix to remove any small strawberry seeds, it shouldn't be necessary!
- Pour the frozen yogurt base into a small, freezer proof container. Cover the frozen yogurt and freeze for about 4-5 hours. While you can skip the freezer process and eat the frozen yogurt at this stage, it will be very soft and more like a smoothie than a frozen yogurt.
- Once the frozen yogurt is solid, scoop into bowls and serve! Return any extra you may have to the freezer and store for up to a month.
-This frozen yogurt recipe can be made with practically any berries you'd like. Try blackberries, blueberries, raspberries or even a blend!
-If you would rather not use honey in this recipe, try substituting maple syrup which will give the frozen yogurt a rich, warm flavor.
-Pour the frozen yogurt into popsicle molds after blending. Freeze and enjoy a frozen yogurt popsicle treat!