- Fresh strawberries 1 cup
- Flour 1 1/2 cups
- Sugar 1 cup plus 2 tbsp • 470 kcal
- Cinnamon 1 tsp
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp • 1 kcal
- Baking soda 1/2 tsp
- Coconut oil 1/2 cup melted
- Eggs 2 • 130 kcal
While this strawberry bread would probably be considered a breakfast food due to its muffin like qualities, it is so good that it can definitely pass for a dessert! Fresh strawberries are key in making this bread super moist and flavorful so try to avoid using any frozen berries or freeze dried fruits. This recipe will also work fantastically if you choose to add other types of berries so get creative!
- Place the sliced strawberries in a small bowl and toss together with the 2 Tablespoons of sugar to coat them. Set aside for now
- Place the flour, 1 cup sugar, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl and stir to mix together.
- Add the eggs, coconut oil and vanilla to the dry ingredients and stir the batter together until it is nice and smooth.
- Mix the strawberries into the batter and then spread the batter in a greased and floured loaf pan.
- Bake the strawberry bread for about 45-50 minutes in a 350 ̊F oven. The strawberry bread should be set in the center and spring back to the touch.
- Once the bread has cooled, slice it and sever with butter or just on its own! Enjoy
-Pair a slice of bread with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for an amazing dessert
-If you do not have coconut oil, vegetable oil will work fine as a substitute.
– This recipe also makes great muffins and mini muffins. Scoop the batter into a paper lined muffin tray instead of a loaf pan. Bake for about 20 minutes for regular sized muffins or 12 minutes for mini muffins.