- Cream Cheese 8 ounces plain
- Salami 8 ounces sliced thin
- Sundried tomatoes 1/4 cup diced
- Salt to taste • 1 kcal
- Pepper to taste
If you are looking for an easy, delicious and inexpensive appetizer to serve at your next party, this is it! Full of rich cream cheese and sweet sundried tomatoes, the flavors in this salami roll will not disappoint. The fact that these are made with only 4 ingredients and emerge looking picture perfect is another huge bonus to this recipe. While these salami rolls are scrumptious on their own, they are also perfect to pair with cracker or pretzel chips which will both add a nice crunch. You can also try adding diced bell peppers, capers or diced olives for an even bigger flavor punch. However, stick with this tried and true recipe as it is written and you can't go wrong!
- Place the cream cheese between two pieces of plastic wrap on a flat surface
- Roll the cream cheese out to about 1/4 inch thick. Try to keep the cream cheese as square as possible while you roll. Peel off the top layer of plastic wrap from the cream cheese.
- Layer the salami on top of the rolled cream cheese. Place a piece of plastic wrap on top of the salami and flip the whole package over so that the cream cheese layer is on top and the salami is on the bottom.
- Peel the plastic wrap off of the cream cheese and sprinkle the surface of the cream cheese with the sundried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Begin to make the roll by peeling the salami away from the bottom piece of plastic wrap while rolling. Use the plastic wrap to help you roll if needed.
- Once completely rolled, tightly wrap the log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour.
Using a sharp knife, slice the salami roll and place on a serving tray. Enjoy!
-When rolling the log, try to roll it as tightly as possible. This will make the salami roll more durable and easier to cut later on.
-Place the rolls on top of a cracker for an easy to eat appetizer or simply put a toothpick through each roll to serve.
-This recipe can be made up to 2 days ahead of when you need to serve it! Just stop at step number 6 and leave the roll wrapped in the fridge until you are ready to use it.