- Canola oil 1½ tablespoon
- ghee or clarified butter ½ tablespoon
- Onion 1 small, peeled and finely chopped
- Ginger 1 teaspoon, peeled and grated
- Cloves Garlic 4, peeled and minced
- Potatoes 2 medium, peeled and diagonally chopped
- Carrots 2 medium, peeled and diagonally chopped
- French beans ½ cup, diagonally chopped
- Green chili 1, finely chopped
- Cashews 2 tablespoons
- Red tomatoes 2 large, chopped
- Plain Yogurt 1 cup
- Salt 1 teaspoon • 1 kcal
- Coriander powder 2 teaspoons
- Cumin powder 1½ teaspoons
- Turmeric powder ¾ teaspoons
- frozen green peas ¾ cup, thawed
- green capsicum ½ medium, diagonally chopped
- Heavy Cream ½ cup
- Fresh cilantro leaves 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
This incredible Indian Vegetable Korma is loaded with potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, peas, green beans and coconut milk.
If desired you may change the vegetable combinations as per your preference and what all is seasonally available to you. In short, it is a pretty flexible and flavorful preparation, which is best enjoyed with crispy hot paranthas or dum biryani.
Add the canola oil and ghee in a thick bottom pan and heat it until the ghee melts. Add the chopped onion to the hot oil and cook it until light pink in color.
Add the grated ginger, minced garlic to the onion and stir the mixture for a minute. Put the chopped potatoes, carrots, green beans, green chili, cashews, chopped tomatoes and cook everything for 2 minutes.
Stir, cover and cook the mixture until tomatoes are a little soft. Add the yogurt to the vegetable mix and cook the mixture for another 2 minutes.
Season the vegetables with salt, coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and cook the vegetables while stirring intermittently until potatoes are tender.
Stir in the green peas, chopped capsicum, heavy cream, cover and cook everything on simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Uncover and give the vegetables are nice stir. Add fresh cilantro and serve hot!
- Vegetarian korma tastes best with crispy and hot laccha paranthas.
- You may also add any seasonal vegetables of your choice to the preparation.
- You might need to adjust the salt to your taste.
- Add a few more green chilies to the dish if you prefer spicy preparations.
Nutritional information (per serving): 200 Calories, 10.8g Total fat (4.8g Saturated fat, 1.4g Polyunsaturated fat, 3.9g Monounsaturated fat), 24.1mg Cholesterol, 356.8mg Sodium, 548.1mg Potassium, 21.5g Total carbohydrates (4.2g Dietary fiber, 5.4g Sugars), 5.4g Protein