Veggie omelettes are a healthy way to enjoy breakfast, lunch, or even dinner! Because they are so easy to make, it’s a great choice for a satisfying meal, especially if you’re on a tight schedule. Follow the recipe and you’ll be rewarded with a perfect, fluffy veggie omelette. With protein-rich eggs and nutrient-packed veggies, it’s a great low-effort meal with a high nutrition pay-off. If you want a new breakfast favorite, then this is it!
To make this omelette, you have to sauté the vegetables first. This gets rid of excess moisture. If you skip this step, the veggie omelette will be soggy and won’t set properly. Chopping your vegetables into similar sizes will ensure even cooking and better texture. Cook the Veggie Omelet over medium heat, making sure that the skillet does not become too hot. Be careful when you flip over the Veggie Omelet. The skillet and the omelette will both be very hot.
– To keep the omelette from burning, keep the heat on medium. If it’s too high, the omelette will burn before it’s completely cooked through.
– It’s easy to create variations with this veggie omelette. Add mushrooms, leeks, zucchini, bell peppers, red onions, and sweetcorn. Just make sure to sauté the veggies beforehand, and cook until all the moisture is removed.
– Feel free to add fresh herbs like basil, oregano, cilantro, or parsley.
– Use any cheese you have on hand—parmesan, feta cheese, cheddar, and mozzarella will all work.
– If you want to make this Veggie Omelette for a meat eater, you can add chopped bacon, smoked chicken, or smoked salmon. If using bacon, just sauté it beforehand to ensure even cooking.
– You can re-make these Veggie Omelettes as muffins. Simply scoop the mixture into a muffin tin (sprayed with cooking spray) and bake until golden and cooked through.
Chop the cabbage into fine shreds.
Grate the carrot on the coarse side of the grater.
Add 3 tbsp oil to a skillet over medium heat and sauté the garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Sauté the cabbage and carrots until cooked.
Add the chopped spinach, salt, and mushroom seasoning.
Add the cooked vegetables to a sieve in order to drain the excess moisture.
Add the drained vegetables to a bowl, together with potato, flour, eggs, and cheese.
Add 3 tbsp oil to a clean skillet.
Add the mixture to the skillet, smooth it out with a spatula. Cover with a lid and cook for about 5 mins.
After 5 mins, remove the lid and carefully place a plat upside down on the skillet. Carefully flip the pan to remove the cooked mixture. Slide the mixture back into the pan.
Cook for another 5 minutes.