It is one of the biggest myths that one has to spend big bucks to look beautiful. In fact, most of the time it is the naturally available products that have shown a miraculous effect on our skin. Read on to know about the benefits of using coconut oil on the skin.
Coconut oil is a phenomenal product when it comes to skin and hair care. It works wonderfully on hair and skin to moisturize and nourish it. This oil is naturally endowed with antibacterial and antifungal properties that make it a must try beauty product. Cold pressed and extra virgin versions of this oil are best suitable to enhance the beauty.
Here are 6 DIY recipes that use coconut oil to create wonderful face masks
For acne prone skin:
– Mix 3 tablespoons of oatmeal with little warm water to make a thick paste;
– Add 1 tablespoon of coconut oil to it and again mix well;
– Apply this pack on your face and gently rub it over your skin in a circular motion;
– After exfoliating the skin leave this pack on your face for another 15 minutes, rinse with water, and lightly dab towel over your face to dry it.
For oily skin:
– Mix half a tablespoon each of coconut oil and lemon juice with a tablespoon of fresh yogurt;
– Apply this pack on your face for 15 minutes;
– Rinse your face with warm water and dab towel to dry your face.
– Mix a tablespoon of coconut oil with one teaspoon of baking soda;
– Apply this paste over the areas with most blackheads;
– Gently rub it in a circular motion with the fingers for 5 minutes;
– Wash it off with cold water and pat dry your face.
To get radiant skin:
– Vigorously mix a teaspoon of coconut oil with 2 tablespoons each of honey and fresh lemon juice;
– Add a tablespoon of green tea leaves to this mixture and apply it over your face for 10 minutes;
– Rinse with warm water and pat dry your face.
To lighten the skin:
– Apply a mixture of 1 tablespoon coconut oil with a pinch of turmeric powder over your skin for 15 minutes.
– Rinse it off with cold water and pat dry the face.
– Mix about a quarter of the mashed avocado with a tablespoon of coconut oil and half a teaspoon of nutmeg;
– Apply this pack over skin for 15 minutes;
– Rinse your face with cold water and then use a clean towel to pat dry your face.