Baking soda is a very commonly found product in the house and is used for many different purposes. Read on to know how you can use baking soda to create 9 very effective beauty treatments.
We all wish to look pretty every day! It is one of the biggest myths that one needs to spend a huge amount to look beautiful. There are many things lying in your home that can be used to create various salon like beauty treatments. Here are 9 ways to use baking soda to enhance your beauty.
- Scrub. Mix 3 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of water and a teaspoon of ground oats to nourish and gently exfoliate the dead skin from the body. Just rub it gently over your face or body and then rinse it off with warm water.
- Hair cleanser. Wash your hair with about a quarter teaspoon of baking soda mixed with some shampoo and then rinse this mixture thoroughly to remove all the buildup of styling product’s residue.
- Manicure. Use little baking soda to brush off the cuticles and to clean the area under and around the nails. You may also make a mix of 3 teaspoons of baking soda with 1 teaspoon of water and rub it gently over your hands to exfoliate them well.
- Pedicure. Soak your feet in a small tub of warm water mixed with 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Scrub off the calluses with a mix of 3 teaspoons baking soda, 1 teaspoon water, and a teaspoon of brown sugar followed by a generous application of any moisturizer to experience soft and smooth feet skin.
- Bathing treatment. Relax by adding half a cup of baking soda to the bath tub as it will help to soothe and soften the skin by neutralizing the acidic buildup over it.
- Deodorant. A mix of 4 tablespoons of baking soda with 10 drops of any essential oil can be applied under your arms with a brush to get rid of skin odor.
- Treat acne spots. A paste of some baking soda with water can be applied over the dried pimple marks to mask the acne spots.
- Whiten teeth. Brush some baking soda over your teeth to get whiter teeth. A mix of 1 teaspoon of baking soda with a quarter glass of water can be used as an antifungal mouthwash.
- Face treatment. A mix of 1 tablespoon of organic honey with 1 teaspoon of baking soda can be massaged gently over the face to exfoliate the dead skin and get a nice glow.