- Large potatoes 3
- Zucchini 1 (2 cups)
- whole egg 1
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Grated Parmesan 1/4 cup
- Flour 00 2 tbsp
- Extra virgin olive oil as much as needed
No matter where you’re from, chances are you’ve had zucchini fritters before. And there’s a reason why they’re a childhood favorite. They’re quick and easy to make, and it’s a great way to sneak in leftover vegetables! These Baked Zucchini Fritters are a step-up from the old versions you used to have. They’re crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside. Because they’re not fried, they’re even healthier than the former ones (they’re low-carb too). If you have too many zucchinis in your kitchen, then these Baked Zucchini Fritters are perfect for summer zucchini surplus. A delicious guilt-free snack that the whole family can enjoy!
– If you struggle to remove all the water from the grated vegetables, try wringing our the water with a potato ricer – works like a charm!
– To make perfect, equally-sized scoops, you can use a large ice cream scoop.
– The fritters can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Just make sure to store it in an airtight container, and line with paper towels to absorb excess moisture.
– You can make the Baked Zucchini Fritters ahead and store them in the freezer. Simply heat them in the oven when you’re ready to eat them.
– You can use any other cheeses like feta, cheddar, or even ricotta.
– Experiment with other veggies too. Add grated carrots, corn, or even quinoa.
How to make Baked Zucchini Fritters
Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
Wash potatoes and zucchini, and grate the vegetables on a large number of holes for the holes.
Put the vegetables in a clean tea towel (or cheesecloth) and turn it a few times to remove excess water from the vegetables.
Pour the vegetables into a bowl. Add the egg, salt, grated parmesan and two tablespoons of flour.
Stir to mix the ingredients very well. The mixture must be quite thick; if necessary, then add a tablespoon of flour again.
Line the baking tray with parchment paper and brush with olive oil. Spoon the vegetable-flour mixture onto the parchment paper.
Using a back spoon, flatten the piles of dough, giving it the shape of a pancake.
Drizzle with olive oil and bake for 20 minutes, until the fritters turn golden brown.
– You can use any zucchini for this recipe – green and yellow.
– While these Baked Zucchini Fritters taste delicious on their own, you can also make them as a side with grilled chicken breast.
– Serve these Baked Zucchini Fritters with sweet chili sauce or ranch dressing. Or a healthier dipping alternative, try Greek yogurt.
– To make these Baked Zucchini Fritters gluten-free, you can use almond flour or any gluten-free flour blend.
– If you use frozen zucchini or potato, make sure to remove the water from it properly, as they often make the fritters watery.