- Flour 1/2 cup
- Paprika 1/2 tsp
- Salt 1/4 tsp • 1 kcal
- Chili powder 1/2 tsp
- Chicken Wings 12
- Butter 1/4 cup • 717 kcal
- Sriracha hot sauce 1/4 cup
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp
- Garlic powder 1/4 tsp
- Vegetable oil for frying 1 quart
Do you love restaurant style buffalo chicken wings? Well, if you answered yes, then you will surely love this recipe as these wings taste just like you'd get at a restaurant, probably even better! The lightly floured wings are deep fried and served with a homemade buffalo sauce that is so easy you will wonder why you have never made it before. Make these wings by the dozen for your next party or to simply eat yourself- they are perfect for any time of year and any occasion.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the flour, paprika, salt and chili powder.
- Add the chicken wings into the flour mix and use your hands to toss the wings until completely coated in flour. Cover and place the bowl in the fridge for about an hour. This will allow the flour coating to really adhere to the chicken and for the flavors to absorb into the meat.
- In a large sauce pan or a deep fryer, heat the quart of vegetable oil over medium heat until it reaches 350 ̊F. Add 6 of the chicken wings and fry for a total time of about 15 minutes, flipping the chicken half way through if necessary
- While the chicken is frying, combine the butter, sriracha sauce, pepper and garlic powder in a microwave safe bowl. Heat for about 30 seconds then stir. Heat for another 20 seconds to completely melt the butter and stir the sauce together. Set aside
- Once fully cooked and brown, remove the chicken from the dryer and place it on a paper towel to absorb some of the oil.
- Toss the chicken in the sauce and serve while hot. Fry the remaining chicken and coat with the sauce once cooked as well.
-If you do not have sriracha sauce, any hot sauce will do. Pick a hot sauce that you really love as it will be a very strong flavor for these wings!
– Love wings but want something other than buffalo sauce? These wings go great with teriyaki sauce or a nice chili lime coating.
-Serve the wings with ranch dip and a side of carrots and celery for a complete restaurant style meal!