- Fresh parsley 1 cup
- Fresh cilantro 1/4 cup
- Olive oil 1/3 cup
- Red wine vinegar 1/4 cup
- Garlic 3 cloves
- Red pepper flakes 1 tsp
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Ground pepper 1/2 tsp
If you never have had chimichurri sauce, then you are in for a real treat. This easy to make sauce is full of fresh and vibrant flavors. Parsley and cilantro combine to make the sauce not only taste great but look attractive too- a bright green sauce is definitely eye catching! Red pepper and crushed garlic give this sauce a nice bite to it as well. Use this sauce on grilled steak, as a salad dressing, on chicken or as a dip for bread. It is versatile and simple- a perfect recipe!
- Place the fresh parsley and cilantro in a blender or food processor.
- Add the olive oil and red wine vinegar to the blender as well.
- Add the pepper flakes, salt and ground pepper to the blender.
- Peel the garlic and add it to the blender with the rest of the ingredients. There is no need to chop or crush the garlic as the food processor or blender will do all the work for you!
- Puree the sauce until very smooth. While it should be a great consistency, add a little more olive oil if needed to thin it out.
- Serve or use immediately or store in the fridge for up to one week.
-Chimichurri sauce is best if used right away. Because there are fresh herbs, the sauce will begin to brown and have a bad flavor if kept too long. It is also not recommended that you freeze this sauce- fresh is best in this case!
-Chimichurri makes a great marinade for all kinds of meat. Use it on chicken, pork or steak for your next dinner!