The Condensed Milk Cake is the perfect combination of a soft sponge cake and a firm pound cake. It’s an easy cake to throw together, simply mix your wet and dry ingredients separately and then combine the two and bake.
The cake looks fancy, but you don’t need any special ingredients to make it: flour, baking powder, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon zest, butter, and of course, condensed milk.
The condensed milk is the not-so-secret ingredient in this recipe. It makes the cake moist and prevents it from drying out quickly. Soft, yet firm with a springy texture and a beautifully rich vanilla flavor. This recipe is a must-try! Serve it for breakfast, snack time, or even use it as a shortcake base.
– To create a pound cake from this recipe, simply pour the batter into a loaf tin and bake until cooked through.
– Because the cake has a light flavor, you can change the flavor by adding orange, almond, or any other extract.
– Don’t skip the eggs for this recipe, it’s what makes the cake super moist!
– To make this a ‘no-bake’ cake, you can make it on the stover (or use a steamer). Simply pour the batter into a greased round cake tin. Place on top of a wire rack inside a pot. Set to low heat and cook for 1 hour until a skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before serving.
– If you can find chocolate condensed milk in a store near you, it will also work in this recipe!
– If you like, you can add a traditional frosting to the cake such as buttercream. Just make sure to allow the cake to cool completely first.
– You can make this into a layered cake. Simply divide the batter equally between two 9-inch cake tins. Use a mixture of whipped cream and crushed pineapple as a filling between the layers, and frost with more whipped cream. You can add a bit of pineapple juice to the sponges to keep them moist.
This cake will be good for a few days. You can either store it at room temperature or in the fridge. Alternatively, you can freeze individual portions. Slice the cake, cover the slices tightly with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Preheat the oven to 180C/350F. Make the dry ingredients first. Whisk flour with salt and baking powder into a medium-sized bowl.
Add the eggs to another bowl.
Separately beat eggs with condensed milk, butter, vanilla and zest.
Pour liquids into dry ingredients and mix until smooth batter forms.
Pour the batter into a prepared bundt cake pan and bake for 45-50 minutes.
Sprinkle the baked cake with powdered sugar.
This Condensed Milk Cake is delicious when served with strawberries and cream.