- Butter 2/3 cup, melted • 717 kcal
- Sugar 1 cup • 470 kcal
- Eggs 3 • 130 kcal
- Milk 1+2/3 cups • 49 kcal
- Flour 2+1/2 cups
- Baking powder 4+1/2 tsp • 156 kcal
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
A good cornbread recipe can be hard to find. Many cornbreads come out too dry or without much flavor however, this recipe will give you a delicious, moist cornbread that will be eaten up quickly! All of the dry ingredients are mixed together followed by all of the wet ingredients and the whole process takes only about 5 minutes to put together. Something that quick and so tasty is a recipe you have to try!
- Add all of the dry ingredients to the bowl of a stand mixer. Combine everything using the paddle attachment.
- Add the melted butter to the bowl and mix until small crumbles form and the butter is well incorporated into the dry mix.
- Slowly add the milk and eggs to the mix while the mixer is running. Go slowly to ensure that no lumps form and the batter remains smooth.
- Butter and four a loaf pan or an 8×8 square pan (whichever shape you prefer!)
- Pour the batter into the loaf pan. The batter may look liquid but that is okay! It will make for a nice moist cornbread.
- Bake the cornbread in a 350 ̊F oven for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out cleanly from the center of the bread. Cool in the loaf pan and then serve!
-Add 1/2 cup strained canned corn into the cornbread to add a nice texture and extra flavor to the bread.
-Dice up a few jalapenos and add them to the batter for a spicy cornbread.
-Scoop the batter into a muffin tin or mini muffin tin for cornbread muffins!