- Sugar 2 cups • 470 kcal
- Water 1 cup
- Lemon juice 1 tbsp
- Whole Milk 1/4 cup
- Cinnamon 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg powder 1/8 tsp
- Butter 3/4 cup • 717 kcal
- Apples 6 • 45 kcal
- Flour 2 cups
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Baking powder 2 tsp • 156 kcal
The apple is an edible fruit that has several varieties and has medicinal uses, in addition to being used for dessert or to make cider. It is rich in carbohydrates, proteins, water and contains vitamins and minerals such as Riboflavin (B2), Thiamin (B1), Vitamin B6, Folic Acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron, Magnesium and Potassium, among other components. The apple is ideal for desserts, apart from being eaten raw, various cakes and biscuits can be made with it. This recipe is from apple dumplings.
An apple dumpling is a cake filled with apples, cinnamon and sometimes raisins. They come from the region of Pennsylvania to the northeast of the United States. It is a very common recipe among the Amish and is used for breakfast or dessert. It is very popular to accompany the dumplings with ice cream or milk.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Mix butter with flour, salt and add ½ cup of cold milk. Stir well until the ingredients are integrated. Add flour if the dough is still sticky. Separate the mixture into six pieces.
- Wash the apples, peel them and remove their hearts. Cut them into eighths and sprinkle with a few drops of lemon juice.
- To prepare the syrup: Boil 1 cup of water with 1 cup and ½ of brown sugar. Stir for 5 minutes taking care not to stick. Add the nutmeg and two apples, cut into smaller pieces. If you want to add raisins, do it too.
- Form spheres with the dough and spread with the roller making circles. Cut the circles in half, you will get a kind of shape similar to a triangle. Place an apple slice on each triangle and roll it up.
- Join the tips of each triangle at the ends, over the apple and join the edges well to seal it.
- Place the dumplings on a previously greased baking tray. Cover with the syrup and bake for 40 minutes at 180ºC.