- Crab sticks 12, chopped
- Frozen Puff Pastry 1 sheet
- Eggs 2, large • 130 kcal
- Zucchini 1 or 2
- Red peppers 1 or 2
- Cream 125 ml, for cooking
- Mozzarella cheese 5 oz
- All-purpose flour ½ cup
- Oregano 1 tbsp
- Salt • 1 kcal
Crab quiche is an easy and tasty seafood recipe rich in protein you can serve for lunch, brunch or dinner. With a more delicate taste than classic quiche Lorraine, this seafood version is always a favorite and you can choose mild or strong flavors, it depends on what you like or what you are in the mood for. This recipe goes for a mild crab flavor, combining it with the soft texture of zucchini and the tasty flavor and aroma that peppers and oregano always provide. You can add some cheese to enhance the fantastic combination of flavors, creamy texture and delicious aroma. Even though it’s a longer recipe, you can easily prepare it. You won’t regret it and your family and guests will love it too.
Tips for making the Best Crab Quiche
– Crab sticks are perfect for this recipe, but you can also replace them with king crab.
– This crab quiche recipe calls for mozzarella, but you can swap it with Swiss cheese to get a creamy texture.
– You can make the pie crust from scratch or use a frozen one as we suggested.
– Don't overbake the crab quiche. It should be jiggly and creamy.
– If you're looking for a quicker recipe, you can make a crustless crab quiche. In a greased pie plate, combine crabmeat, eggs, zucchini, bell peppers, cream and cheese, then season. Bake for 30 minutes at 400°F.
– You can customize this recipe as you prefer. Add spinach, shrimps, cream cheese or even mayonnaise to this crab quiche.
– Try different seasoning combinations such as the Old Bay seasoning.
– Serve this delicious crab quiche together with a green salad or fruit salad.
How to store Crab Quiche
You can store the crab quiche for up 3 days in the refrigerator, just make sure to cover it. Before serving, cover the quiche with foil and reheat it in oven for about 15 minutes at 300°F. You can also reheat it in microwave for less than a minute.
Can you freeze Crab Quiche?
Yes! Bake the quiche, let it cool and cover with a plastic wrap before freezing it. Before serving, uncover from the plastic and cover with a foil. Bake for about 25 minutes at 300°F and enjoy it.
How to make Crab Quiche
Take the puff pastry sheet out from the freezer for at least one hour before you begin cooking.
Preheat the oven at 170 °C / 340 °F. Dice the zucchini and set aside.
Chop the red pepper in very small pieces and set aside. Mince the crab sticks and set aside. Grate the cheese and set aside. Prepare a baking try by covering it with oven paper or greasing it very well.
When the puff pastry is at room temperature, proceed to make a ball with the puff pastry sheet. Flour a flat surface and put the puff pastry on it. Sprinkle some flour and knead until the dough does not stick (commonly the flour is not needed, but sometimes the puff pastry is lightly moistened, if frozen). With the help of a rolling pin proceed to roll out the dough. Once the dough is uniformly rolled out and has the desired thickness, proceed to put it on the baking tray.
Add the zucchini, pepper and the crab inside the puff pastry. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the cream for cooking. Add the oregano and the salt. Then add the grated cheese to the mixture and keep beating until everything is well integrated.
Now proceed to spread the mixture over the puff pastry. Make sure everything is well mixed with the crab, zucchini and pepper. Put the baking tray in the oven.
Bake until the edges of the puff pastry begin to brown. It will take about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from the oven. Unmold your crab quiche. And finally, serve hot.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 313 % Daily Value* Total Fat 14.1g 18% Saturated Fat 5.6g 28% Cholesterol 170mg 57% Sodium 428mg 19% Total Carbohydrate 21.1g 8% Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5% Total Sugars 1.6g Protein 25.3g