- Crab sticks 12, chopped
- Frozen Puff Pastry 1 sheet
- Eggs 2, large • 130 kcal
- Zucchini 1 or 2
- Red peppers 1 or 2
- Cream 125 ml, for cooking
- Mozzarella cheese 5 oz
- All-purpose flour ½ cup
- Oregano 1 tbsp
- Salt • 1 kcal
Seafood is always a favorite. Depending on what you like or what you are in the mood for, you can choose mild or strong flavors. For this recipe, we choose mild crab flavor and combine it with the soft texture of zucchini and the delicious flavor and aroma that peppers and oregano always provide. You can add some cheese also creates a fantastic combination of flavors, texture and aroma. Even though it’s a longer recipe, it is easy to make and a tasty dish to serve for lunch or dinner. Prepare this recipe and you won’t regret it, and your family or guests will love it.
- Take the puff pastry sheet out from the freezer for at least one hour before you begin cooking.
- Preheat the oven at 170 °C / 340 °F. Dice the zucchini and set aside.
- Chop the red pepper in very small pieces and set aside. Mince the crab sticks and set aside.
- Grate the cheese and set aside. Prepare a baking try by covering it with oven paper or greasing it very well.
- When the puff pastry is at room temperature, proceed to make a ball with the puff pastry sheet.
- Flour a flat surface and put the puff pastry on it.
- Sprinkle some flour and knead until the dough does not stick (commonly the flour is not needed, but sometimes the puff pastry is lightly moistened, if frozen).
- With the help of a rolling pin proceed to roll out the dough. Once the dough is uniformly rolled out and has the desired thickness, proceed to put it on the baking tray.
- Add the zucchini, pepper and the crab inside the puff pastry. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with the cream for cooking. Add the oregano and the salt.
- Then the grated cheese to the mixture and keep beating until everything is well integrated.
- Now proceed to spread the mixture over the puff pastry.
- Make sure everything is well mixed with the crab, zucchini and pepper. Put the baking tray in the oven.
- Bake until the edges of the puff pastry begin to brown. It will take about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Unmold your crab quiche. And finally, serve hot.
Nutrition Facts Servings: 4 Amount per serving Calories 313 % Daily Value* Total Fat 14.1g 18% Saturated Fat 5.6g 28% Cholesterol 170mg 57% Sodium 428mg 19% Total Carbohydrate 21.1g 8% Dietary Fiber 1.4g 5% Total Sugars 1.6g Protein 25.3g