- uncooked instant rice 2 cups
- Cream of mushroom soup 10 ½ ounces
- Chicken broth 1 ½ cups
- Garlic powder ½ tsp
- parmesan cheese for garnish 1 tbsp
If you love risotto but don't love how long it takes to make, you'll be thrilled with this creamy mushroom rice recipe. This savory side dish is thick, creamy, and has amazing flavor thanks to ingredients like garlic powder, chicken broth, and the secret ingredient, cream of mushroom soup. If you're wondering how to cook rice with cream of mushroom soup, it's simple. Just combine the soup, broth, and garlic, bring it to a boil, then add rice, cover, and cook. It's that easy! It takes less than 15 minutes to prep and cook, so it's a perfect last-minute side that will taste delicious with a variety of meals!
What to Serve with Mushroom Rice
Creamy mushroom rice is a fantastic side dish you can enjoy with a variety of meals. It's delicious with roast chicken, pot roast, beef stew, or baked pork loin. You could also chop some protein into it and enjoy mushroom rice as a main dish!
Tips for Making Creamy Mushroom Rice
– You can make a vegetarian version by using vegetable broth or even water. However, for the best flavor, use stock.
– For even more flavorful creamy mushroom rice, add some mushrooms or freshly chopped herbs like thyme, parsley, or rosemary, or a dash or two of onion powder.
– If you want an even richer creamier texture, stir in a little butter before adding in the rice.
How to Store Mushroom Rice
Leftover mushroom rice can be put into an airtight container and stored in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Frozen, it will keep for up to 1 month.
How to Make Mushroom Rice
Pour the cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth into a pot. Stir in the garlic powder, and bring the mixture to a boil.
Add in the rice, stir, and once the rice beings to boil, place a lid over the pot and turn off the heat.
Leave the rice undisturbed for 5 to 6 minutes.
Serve, and garnish with parmesan cheese.
You can add a little salt and freshly ground pepper if desired.