- Eggs 3 whole • 130 kcal
- Sugar 1 tbsp • 470 kcal
- Milk 2 cups • 49 kcal
- Flour 2 3/4 cups
- Salt 1 tsp • 1 kcal
- Pepper 1 tsp
- Vegetable Oil 3 cups
- Bacon 1 pound
Next time you are wondering what to do to make your bacon even more amazingly mouthwatering, why not try deep frying it! Everything is better when it is battered and deep fried, right? Well that is definitely the case with bacon. Crispy and flaky bacon on the inside and a golden brown batter on the outside makes this bacon recipe irresistible. While this recipe suggests cooking the bacon first then battering and deep frying, you can choose to skip the first step and simply batter and deep fry. However, cooking the bacon first will give it an extra crunchy bacon center! So go ahead, turn up the hot oil and start deep frying some bacon!
- In a small frying pan, place the bacon strips into the pan, laying flat. Cook over medium heat until the bacon just begins to turn golden brown, turning the bacon over half way through. Set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk together with the milk.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt, and pepper to the bowl and whisk.
- Make sure the batter is smooth and there are no flour lumps.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a medium sized sauce pan- the oil should reach about 360 ̊F. If you are using a deep fryer, set the thermometer to 360 ̊F. Set up your station by putting the pre cooked bacon next to the batter right next to the sauce pan, ready to dip!
- Dip the bacon into the batter and place it directly into the hot oil.
- Allow the batter to fry for about 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the bacon over and continue to fry the other side for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from the oil and place on a paper towel to drain some of the oil. Serve immediately while hot!
-If you want a sweet and salty treat, sprinkle powdered sugar over the bacon when it comes out of the deep fryer!
-You can pre cook the bacon and make the batter a few hours ahead of time if needed