Who doesn't love moist, tender, crispy chicken? For the best fried chicken, try making oven-fried chicken with cornflakes. Oven-fried chicken with cornflakes is a simple, great-tasting way to make crispy, crunchy chicken without having to deep fry, which means it's a much healthier alternative to cooking a batch of deep-fried chicken and is more flavorful than your classic breaded chicken. Seasoned with paprika, onion powder, salt, and pepper, this oven-fried chicken boasts loads of flavor and is surprisingly easy to prepare. It's quick to make, so it's ideal for evenings where you don't want to spend much time in the kitchen.
If you want a tasty fried chicken dish but you don't want to clean your stovetop, oven-fried cornflake chicken is the perfect solution. Start by whisking milk and eggs, then mix cornflakes, paprika, onion powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in the food processor until crumbs. Now it's time to coat chicken with cornflake mixture, next you can put it on a baking tray and bake for 15 minutes until golden brown. You won't regret!
– If the cornflake mixture won't stick, dredge the chicken in flour before dipping it in the egg mixture. This will help the cornflakes stick better.
– To avoid soggy chicken tenders, bake the chicken on a wire rack set over a baking tray. The air will circulate around the chicken as it cooks, helping to crisp it and preventing sogginess.
– You can add other seasonings to the cornflake mixture. Garlic powder, dried basil, dried oregano, and cayenne pepper all taste amazing.
– Store leftover oven-fried chicken with cornflakes in an airtight container. Enjoy it within 4 days.
– To reheat the chicken, wrap it in foil and bake it for 15 minutes at 250°F. The internal temperature should read 165°F.
Crispy oven-fried chicken with cornflakes can be enjoyed in so many ways. Put it in a sandwich and splash it with your favorite hot sauce such as the Mexican sauce, slice it, and put over greens to make a hearty salad, or serve them with a side of mac and cheese, roast vegetables, or mashed potatoes.
Preheat your oven to 425°F. Line a baking tray with foil and lightly grease with cooking spray.
Cut chicken breasts into strips.
Whisk milk and eggs to combine.
Place cornflakes, paprika, onion powder, sugar, salt, and pepper in a food processor.
Blitz until you get large coarse crumbs. Spread the cornflake mixture onto a plate.
Dip the chicken in the milk.
Then coat with the cornflake mixture.
Put the chicken on the prepared baking tray in a single layer.
Bake the chicken for 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
Garnish with parsley.
Serve immediately. Enjoy!
– Cut the chicken into strips for easy cooking and serving.
– When the chicken tenders read 165°F internal temperature, they're ready to be enjoyed.