It is a monthly struggle for the majority of women to bear abdominal cramps, bloating, acne, irritability, and what not after every 28 days. For some popping pills is the only solution to this monthly ritual. But, not many are aware that including a few foods in your diet may help to ward off these symptoms. Read on to know more about the food options that you must include in your diet.
Here is the list of five foods that are extremely useful to relieve the monthly women problem such as cramps, irritability and fatigue, breakout, bloating and food craving.
- Avocado has a rich and creamy texture that makes it a versatile ingredient to be used in a majority of food preparations. Avocados are loaded with nutritionally vital vitamins, minerals, and omega 3 fatty acids that relieves inflammation and pain because of menstrual cramps. You may use avocado as part of your salad, sandwich, guacamole, and a smoothie.
- Salmon is high in essential fatty acids that are studied to significantly relieve PMS symptoms. Rich in DHA and EPA, salmon is beneficial to boost your mood and ward off the PMS blues. Salmon is also a rich source of vitamin B6, that is helpful for irritability and breast tenderness, and vitamin B12 that boosts the energy level. You may use salmon in many preparations as a salad, snack or main dish.
- Brazil nuts are useful against breakouts during that time of the month as they are a good source of selenium, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids. These nutrients help to hydrate the skin, reduce skin inflammation, and neutralize oil production all of which is helpful against breakouts. You may include Brazil nuts in the trail mix.
- Yogurt. Low fat or non fat yogurt varieties contain probiotics and calcium, which is useful to reduce menstrual cramps. Yogurt is also beneficial to relieve bloating as it reduces water retention. But, in case you are sensitive to hormonal breakouts, it is suggested that you avoid dairy products and opt for other calcium rich food sources such as broccoli, green leafy vegetables, or sardines.
- Dark chocolates contain a high level of antioxidants and possess an endorphin boosting function that increases the flow of blood to the brain and increases the energy levels leading to a reduction in fatigue and brain fog during PMS. You may include dark chocolates in desserts, beverages or enjoy them as such.
- Meanwhile, it is also recommended that you do not indulge in caffeine rich food preparations, salty foods, and alcohol to relieve PMS symptoms.