Tired of the same old, boring green bean recipes? Then why not try these Fried Green Beans! You’ll love them. It’s is an easy recipe to enjoy green beans in a tastier way. The recipe has a delicious green bean flavor, while the batter adds a delicious crunch. They’re crispy on the outside and tender on the inside. They can be served as a side dish, or as an easy appetizer. Serve with a dipping sauce like hummus or ranch dressing, and see your guests coming back for more! This will become your new favorite way of serving up this humble vegetable!
Prepare the green beans first by washing them and patting them dry. Trim off the ends and set aside while preparing the batter.
Whisk together the batter ingredients until smooth and lump-free. Dip the green beans into the batter and fry in oil (over medium heat) until golden and cooked through.
– This recipe is not suitable for canned or frozen green beans. Rather use fresh green beans.
– Trimming the beans is necessary to prevent stringiness.
– If you don’t like your green beans too crunchy, you can blanch them before frying in the batter.
– Don’t overheat the oil. If it’s too hot, the batter will burn before the green beans are cooked through. If it’s too cold, the batter will absorb too much oil and become soggy.
– Make keto-friendly Fried Green Beans by using almond flour.
– Add beer to the batter to make it extra light and fluffy! If you want more crunchiness, add bread crumbs to the batter.
– To bake the Green Beans in the oven, lay them on a baking tray and bake at 425°F until golden. You can also cook them in an Airfryer. Place the beans in the Airfryer basket and cook at 390°F for about 5 minutes until golden brown.
Make them spicy, by adding chili powder or taco seasoning to the batter.
Add cheese to the batter: mozzarella, cheddar, feta, or parmesan.
The Fried Green Beans are best served and enjoyed immediately, as they will become soggy once stored. But if you don’t mind sogginess, you can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Here are more delicious ways to enjoy green beans!
Wash the green beans and pat them dry. Trim off both ends.
Whisk 2 eggs with some salt and water.
Add flour and whisk until no lumps are left.
Dip green beans into the batter and shake off the excess.
Fry in preheated oil (at 180°C/350°F) for 3-4 minutes or until evenly golden on all sides.
Fresh green beans blanched, then deep-fried to a golden crispness that nobody could resist.