- Grapefruit 1 peeled and segmented
- Fresh pineapple 8 slices, cubed
- Apple 1 medium, peeled, cored, and cubed
- Plain Greek Yogurt 2 tbsp
- Fresh mint leaves 6
Enjoy this highly nutritious, simple to prepare and delightfully tasty smoothie as a part of a healthy breakfast or a nourishing snack! Loaded with abundant antioxidants, vital vitamins and many minerals, this grapefruit smoothie is your perfect go to detox drink.
Grapefruit as we all know, is a store house of nutrients particularly dainty B vitamins (B1, B5 and biotin), vitamin C, vitamin A, minerals such as potassium, zinc, iron, copper, dietary fiber, and lycopene. Pineapple too is a great source of vitamin B1, B6, folate, pantothenic acid, vitamin C, manganese, dietary fiber, and bromelain. Apples also boast of the high nutrient content and are loaded with vitamin C, potassium, polyphenols, quercetin, catechin, and chlorogenic acid. All of these nutrients might seem big titles to you but these play a much bigger and an important role to maintain your good health and defense of your body against many illnesses.
So, what better way to build up your body’s defense system by enjoying a delightful glass of delicious yet protective smoothie! The best part about preparing this smoothie is that it is extremely easy to source its ingredients and is even simpler to prepare.
If you face time crunch in early hours of the morning, peel and segment the grapefruit a day in advance and freeze it in an air tight freezer safe container. You do not even have to thaw the fruits and instead churn the chilled grapefruit along with rest of the ingredients to get a chilled tangy fruit drink early in the morning.
As the grapefruit smoothie is best enjoyed chilled, you may either add chilled Greek yogurt or chill smoothie in the freezer before sipping on it!
Put all the ingredients together in a blender.
Blend everything for 5 minutes or until the ingredients are well blended and smooth in consistency.
Pour the grapefruit smoothie in a serving tall glass and chill it in the freezer. Enjoy!
- You may also add half a tablespoon of honey to the smoothie while blending it in the blender.
- You may alternatively add equal quantity of thick homemade curd in case you are not able to source Greek yogurt. Just make sure the curd is not sour before adding it to the blending jar.
- Avoid adding ice cubes to the smoothie and rather chill the ingredients itself.
- It will be great if you chill the fruits and yogurt before hand, This way you will not have to put the smoothie in freezer to chill and can enjoy the grapefruit smoothie immediately after you prepare it.
- This grapefruit smoothie is best served immediately after preparation.
- Make sure you carefully remove most of the outside peel and pith of the grapefruit to avoid the bitter taste seeping into the delicious beverage.
- You may also add a pinch or two of salt to the smoothie to cover up the bitter taste of fresh grapefruits.