- avocado 1 peeled and stone removed
- chopped cilantro 2 tablespoons (coriander)
- Lime juice of 1/2
- Red pepper flakes 1/2 teaspoon (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- whole bread of choice 4 slices
- Eggs 2 fried, scrambled, or poached (optional) • 130 kcal
If you want a tasty, healthy, and fuss-free breakfast or lunch, try this simple recipe for avocado toast.
This recipe is a great base for experimenting with extra toppings or accompaniments. Try pairing this toast with bacon, eggs, salmon or prawns for extra taste and protein.
Toast the 4 slices of bread in a toaster, until golden and crispy. Leave in toaster to cool while you make the avocado topping.
In a small bowl mash the avocado, then add the cilantro, lime, and salt and pepper to taste.
Mix together, and spread equal amounts of the mixture on each slice of toasted bread.
Serve with or top with fried, scrambled, or poached egg if desired.